Gamma Phi Basics
The badge was designed by Tiffany & Co. and won "most beautiful"
of all sorority pins. It is worn with pride by the iniated member and the badge serves
as a physical symbol of our bonds to sisterhood and Gamma Phi Beta.
The Crescent Moon
Brown and Mode, chosen by our founders because Dr. J J Brown allowed them to hold meetings in his office at Syracuse University. Our local colors, however, are Pink and White.
Love, Labor, Learning, and Loyalty.
Founded Upon a Rock
- Gamma Phi Beta was the first organization to call itself a Sorority. Previous organizations were called "Women's Fraternities".
- Gamma Phi Beta was founded on November 11, 1874 which makes Gamma Phi Beta one of the 10 oldest women's organizations in the country!
- Gamma Phi Beta is one of the seven founding members of the National Panhellenic Council.
- Gamma Phi Beta is an international organization with almost 200,000 members and 128 chapters in both the United States and Canada.
- The first bride to be married in the White House was a Gamma Phi Beta who was President Woodrow Wilson's oldest daughter.